How to steal Rosanna’s style from Offspring
As I mentioned last week, Nina Proudman’s wardrobe is the focus of an excellent series of posts by Nikki at Styling You, so I thought I’d have a look at Clare Bowditch’s character, Rosanna, for style inspiration. Like Nina, she’s got a particular uniform that is re-interpreted in every episode, which consists of the following key elements:
1. Floral fifties-style cross-over tea dress.
3. Hoop earrings
4. Vintage-inspired hair do.
Clare Bowditch has mentioned in interviews that Rosanna’s wardrobe is not dissimilar to her own, with many frocks by Australian labels Lazy Bones and Easton Pearson. It’s a style that suits her retro aesthetic as well as her curves – and it’s also a look that is totally achievable. Here’s how to steal her style:
1. Cotton voile Alice dress with a cross-over bust, fitted waist and pleated skirt, AU$129, by Lazy Bones.
2. Cropped cardigans are key to this look, so make sure it finishes at your waistline. Invest in a classic cashmere cardigan by London label N.Peal – keep an eye out for bargains during sale time. [Updated 22/09/12: the cardigan pictured above has sold out but you can get a similar version by N.Peal here.]
3. Belem beaded hoop earring, US$4.99 from Urban Outfitters.
4. Isharya 18-karat gold-plated onyx ring, £83.33 from Net-a-Porter.
5. Rosanna wore her hair in victory rolls in one episode. Learn how to create vintage hair dos with Style Me Vintage: Hair: Easy Step-by-Step Techniques for Creating Classic Hairstyles by Belinda Hay, US$10.85 from Wee Birdy’s Amazon shop.
6. Rosanna usually carries a soft unstructured brown leather handbag. Daphne leather bag, AU$249.95 from Witchery.
7. ASOS LOVE leather ballet flats, AU$59.52 from ASOS.
Do you like Rosanna’s style, too? And what did you think of the season finale?