July 22, 2013
Top 12 Summer Frocks to Survive a Heatwave
I know. We’re all gripped by royal dilation updates, but I thought I’d take a moment to cool things down a little, and offer a little distraction from the imminent, er, crowning.
So I’ve pulled together my top 12 picks of summer frocks, just for my heatwave-stricken northern hemisphere readers. With a palette of mostly neutral tones, I’ve chosen an assortment of silhouettes and styles to suit different figures and occasions.
The one thing these frocks have in common? They’ve all got natural, breathable fibres. I’ve nixed all the polyester blends because let’s be honest, when you’re stuck on the top deck of the 243 to Holborn and that ungodly blast of hot air hits your calves, you really don’t want anything other than one hundred per cent cotton clinging to your legs. Am I right? Let me know which one is your favourite!
From top left;
1. Paul & Joe Sister Baroque dress, £205 from ASOS.
2. Diane von Furstenberg flowing Carsandra dress, reduced to US$219 from ShopBop.
3. Free People lace and embroidered black dress, US$128 from Shopbop.
7. Vivienne Westwood Anglomania Halton draped summer dress, £370 from Net-a-Porter.
8. Antipodium interface shirt dress with contrast collar, now £120 from ASOS.
9. Emily and Fin Too Much Fun Dress in the Sand, US$79 from Modcloth.
Disclaimer: Some affiliate links are used in this post, for which I receive a small fee per sale. This fee helps support your favourite top bird’s blogging endeavours. But never fear – it doesn’t affect my decisions or selections. I wouldn’t feature any crap on Wee Birdy.