30 amazing kids craft ideas to get you through the school holidays
How do you get through the school holidays? Do you just wing it? Or do you have assorted childcare and activities organised and booked long in advance?
This is the first year I’ve really had to deal with school holidays that aren’t my own, so I’ve started to think about how we’re going to pass the time. I’ve booked in a few things but I think I’ll be winging it most of the time. Rookie error? We’ll see.
I thought it might be helpful to round up a list of nice things you can make with your kid/s. The internet is awash with loads of amazing kids’ craft ideas. Here are my top 30 favourites for all ages. I’ve chosen projects – many inspired by art and nature – that I think you’ll both enjoy making together, and treasuring. Enjoy and good luck!
1. Make rolled paper sculptures (pictured above and top) by Art Bar Blog.
2. Make a cork sailboat in a jar by Handmade Charlotte.
3. Make a shell mandala by We Are Scout.
4. Make a conveyor belt by Pink Stripey Socks.
5. Make a winter wonderland for peg dolls by Mr Printables.
6. Make shell jewellery by We Are Scout.
7. Make a paper plate craft desk tidy by MollyMoo.
8. Make Washi tape bracelets by Art Bar Blog.
9. Make origami fish wall art by We Are Scout.
10. Make a simple autumn leaf crown by Merg Mag.
11. Make a fairy garden table by Inner Child Fun.
12. Make a dream catcher with Hama bead feathers by We Are Scout.
13. Make Chinese paper lanterns by Handmade Charlotte.
14. Make weavings with cardboard looms by Art Bar Blog.
15. Make stacking house blocks by Mer Mag.
16. Make a beach and bush weaving by We Are Scout.
17. Make a painted soccer player hand puppet by Handmade Charlotte.
18. Make a Matisse-inspired mural by Pink Stripey Socks.
19. Make an Autumn leaf mobile by Alex and Alexa.
20. Make cheat’s papier mache by We Are Scout.
21. Make a constellation flashlight by Handmade Charlotte.
22. Make cardboard tube rockets by Sweet Paul Mag.
23. Make straw embroidery by Misaka Mimoko for Handmade Charlotte.
24. Make gift tags from magazine pages by We Are Scout.
25. Make a rainbow nature collecting chart by Joejoebi Designs.
26. Make mini canvas paintings by Art Bar Blog.
27. Make a driftwood weaving or a little raft for shell people by We Are Scout.
28. Make a cardboard forest by Ukkonooa.
29. Make kids’ artwork lanterns by Herz Allerliebst.
30. Make a beachcomber’s wreath by We Are Scout.
Tell us: how do you plan to spend the school holidays? Have you got any tried-and-tested tips? Maybe you’d like to share your own kids’ craft ideas – just leave a comment (or a pic) for us below.
All photography courtesy of original source, as cited above.