25 New Homewares You Can Actually Afford
Have you noticed that desirable, well-designed homewares are suddenly extremely affordable? In Australia, Kmart is leading the way with their own brilliant designs that are extremely well-priced, and barely a day goes past when I don’t stumble across someone on social media exulting their latest Kmart purchase. As for me, I’ve already succumbed to Kmart’s terriarum vase, black pot and wooden wall hooks (all listed below).
I’m also loving IKEA right now – their latest collections and collaborations are beautifully design-led and not too fadish. I’ve bought the ANVANDBAR hanging planter and the BITTERGURKA Watering can, which I’ve used as a water pitcher on the dinner table, and is currently working rather nicely as a Scandianavian-style vase filled with eucalyptus leaves.
But almost all of us have made the mistake of being sucked into buying something that looks good online, only to discover that the real thing is a dud.
The other mistake we can easily make is falling for a particular trend that’s on its way out. My advice for now? Steer clear of marble and copper-look products, which are looks that have trended for quite a while. If you really love the look of marble and copper, invest in a beautiful design-led piece that’s not been mass-produced, so it will live long beyond the current trend.
I’ve done the hard work and headed straight to the shops to inspect all of the best buys his spring. Here’s my edit of the top 25 affordable homewares to buy right now.
Top image: Some great buys from Kmart’s current SS16 outdoor collection.
11. Linen Cotton Quilt Cover Set in Natural, $79 – $99, from Target Australia.
12. Textured black pot, $7, from Kmart.
13. Hothouse Round Picnic Rug, 29, from Target Australia.
14. Chunky Cable Knit Throw in Cream, $49, from Target Australia.
15. Round Plywood Wall Shelf, $19, from Kmart.
16. Hello Goodbye Door Mat, $15, from Kmart.
17. Linen Look Table Cloth, $15, from Kmart.
22. ANVÄNDBAR Hanging black and natural tray, $39.99, from IKEA.
23. Candle lantern, $24.95, from H&M.
24. Amora Frame 8x10inch in Oak Veneer/Copper, $29.95, from Freedom.
25. Velvet cushion cover, $12.95, from H&M.
Find something you love? Let me know in the comments below.