Amazing ideas for a Nordic-inspired Monochrome Christmas
For Christmas this year on Wee Birdy, I’m pulling together a series of Christmas themes to inspire you when decorating your home. Today, I’ve taken inspiration from Nordic style and one of the biggest trends to emerge this year in design: black interiors and homewares.
Minimalist and moody, you can create a Nordic-style monochrome Christmas by combining matte black with natural materials such as woven fibres, pale timber and Christmas greenery. Lighten your look with snowy white and add a touch of gleam with gold or metallic accents.
Be inspired by some of my favourite Nordic Christmas styling and ideas. Scroll down to the bottom of the page for my shopping guide to get the look.
The gift wrapping
The table setting
The Advent Calendar
Now Get the Look
1. Christmas advent calendar in black by Cabin Co Interiors, $85 by Hard to Find.
2. Scandi Tree Topper in Black and Natural, $19.95 by The Woodsfolk.
3. GIVANDE Ribbon, white black, natural, $4.99 from IKEA.
4. Black Christmas stocking, 129 SEK, from Granit.
5. Henry and Co ‘dear santa’ Santa Sack, $38 from The Corner Booth.
6. VINTER 2016 Paper napkins, $1.99 for pack of 30, from IKEA.
7. Scandi Wall Dec Black and Natural, $14.95 from The Woodsfolk.
8. House Doctor Pine Tree Ornament, $4.95 from Little Paper Lane.
9. VINTER 2016 Hanging decoration, set of 6, $7.99 from IKEA.
10. Black Candelabra, 649 SEK, from Granit.
11. 3m Black Garland Black, $39 from The Woodsfolk.