Precious little presents under the Christmas tree are always welcome, but they don’t have to cost the earth – or come from the pages of chain-store jewellery catalogue. Here’s my round-up of some of the best little luxuries for Christmas from around the globe, starting at $36.
1. Georg Jensen Ilse stainless steel vase, AU$110 from Georg Jensen.
2. Eclectic candles by Tom Dixon, NZ$135 each from Simon James Design.
3. Kate Spade icebox jewels emerald coin purse, US$46 from Kate Spade.
4. 3.1 Phillip Lim silver metallic pointed collar, AU$175.01 from My Wardrobe.
5. Alex Monroe teeny tiny bumblebee ring, £460 from Alex Monroe.
6. Measuring hedgies, US$36 from Anthropologie.
7. Tom Dixon form bowl set, NZ$155 from Simon James Design.
8. Rococo Nail Apparel gold leaf nail varnish, £35 from Cult Beauty.
9. T. LeClerc secret powder, £33 from Cult Beauty.
10. Alex Monroe twig ring, £120 from Alex Monroe.
11. Vintage cube necklace, US$24 from Sparkle Farm’s Etsy shop.
12. Georg Jensen Ilse brass candleholder, AU$135 from Georg Jensen.
13. Golden twig charm, US£16 from Anthropologie.
14. Belmacz silver swan pure silver eyeshadow, £28 from Cult Beauty.
15. Hammered band bracelet set, £18 from Anthropologie.
Want more lovely present inspiration? Click here for all my Christmas 2012 Gift Guides.
Prefer to buy all handmade? Click here for my Etsy 2012 Christmas Gift Guides.
And don’t miss my Top 20 Christmas Crackers and my Top 20 Christmas Stockings!
To celebrate Wee Birdy’s 5th birthday, I’m giving away FIVE fabulous prizes over the next FIVE days. Each prize is something I truly love and hand-picked especially for you, my dearest and most lovely readers.
Today’s prize is a stunning Alex Monroe ‘All the Best’ necklace from his new ‘Best of British Collection. Featuring a tiny golden crown and silver luggage tag engraved with ‘All the Best’, the necklace is a mix of sterling silver and 22ct gold plate and is valued at £165.
As many of my long-time readers know, I’m a huge fan of Alex Monroe and I own a few of his gorgeous pieces. So I’m thrilled to give away this very special piece from the new ‘Best of British collection, which is a celebratory tribute to 2012, and encapsulates the best of British quirkiness and all the things that Alex loves: conkers, blue tits, a teapot and his own sailing boat. Here are my favourite pieces from the collection:
Milk Bottle and Blue Tit Necklace, £165. A picturesque, early morning scene. The thirsty Blue Tit, having a refreshing drink of nice, cool milk.
Spiky Conker Necklace, £150. Spiky shelled conkers littering the ground is a definite sign that Autumn has arrived.
Sailing Boat Necklace, £120. A scale model of Alex’s own little sailing boat.
Baby Shrimp Necklace, £120. The Baby Shrimp is the smaller sibling of the incredible Goring Shrimp Necklace and is available in either rose gold plate or solid sterling silver.
Fox Bracelet, £135. This rose gold-plated fox is running circles around a sterling silver bracelet.
If you’re in London, you must add Alex’s new boutique to the list of shops you have to visit. It’s located in South East London near London Bridge station, and features all of his classic collections, alongside more luxurious 18ct gold, diamond and gemstone ‘Goldcrest’ pieces. Alex also offers an exclusive bespoke service, where you will have a one-on-one consultation to design your very own piece of Alex Monroe jewellery.
Alex also revealed to Wee Birdy his “secret London” – a list of his favourite shops, bars, pubs and hidden treasures. You can read all about it here.
HOW TO ENTER THE GIVEAWAY:
Follow these two steps to win:
1. To qualify to win, you must follow or ‘like’ Wee Birdy on either Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter – or all three if you like! If you’re already following me on one of these platforms, you are automatically qualified to win.
2. Leave a comment in the comments section of this post below and ensure you enter your email address in the space provided (your email address will not be published).
The competition closes on Saturday 21 July, 2012 at 5pm AEST. Winners will be drawn at random on Sunday 22 July. Winners will be announced and contacted by email on Monday 23 July, 2012.
Winners have one week to respond to the initial email from Wee Birdy confirming that they have won. If Wee Birdy doesn’t hear from the winner of each prize within a week, the winner/s will forfeit their prize and Wee Birdy will randomly draw another winner/s.
Monday’s giveaway: Win a classic ‘Tatty Devine’ Name Necklace. Enter now!