Here’s a great project to make this weekend: a set of crocheted rainbow nesting baskets. The step-by-step tutorial by the rather brilliant Marinke of A Creative Being for Crafttuts+ is perfect for crochet beginners and you can use them to store all sorts of knick-knacks – or they’d make a fun tactile toy for babies.
Head on over to craft.tutsplus.com (my other wee baby) for the full tutorial here.
After some good crafty ideas for Christmas? So far I’ve managed to make a few pom-poms for decorations, but I wouldn’t mind having a go at some of the rather lovely projects on my Pinterest boards.
Here, I’ve picked out my top 10 DIY projects for Christmas presents. They’re all gorgeous and more than a wee bit GENIUS – and so will you be if you make them! Just click through the links to the original tutorials and how-tos. Let me know how you go?
1. DYI Friendship necklace (top) by Honestly…WTF.
2. Painted pastel glass jars by Kootut Murut.
3. Fabric-wrapped bangles (wouldn’t they look lovely in Liberty print?) by Corrieberry Pie.
4. Plant a Terrarium in a jar by Apartment Therapy (left).
5. DIY Garden Markers by Wit and Whistle (right).
6. Dip-dye cups by Design*Sponge.
7. Star Wars Chewie softie by Draw!Pilgrim.
8. Painted jars and bottles by A Creative Mint.
9. DIY hair comb by Lemon Jitters.
10. How to crochet a larksfoot blanket or an arcade blanket by Meet me at Mike’s.
All photography courtesy of the original blogger/designer/maker. Thank you to all the very clever people behind these projects.
Tell me: are you making any presents for Christmas this year?