Stuck for original and charming present ideas for the little ones? I’ve scoured the globe for the most amazing gifts for kids, starting at $10.
1. The Magic Tree House, AU$179 from Lark.
2. Tsumiki house, EUR91 from The Space Penguin.
3. Antique rose ballet bounce skirt by Collette Dinnigan For The Australian Ballet, AU$39 Target.
4. Kiko machi wood+magnet town, EUR32 from The Space Penguin.
5. Little Roar Head by Flatout Frankie, AU$35 from Hello Polly.
6. Rain Littlephant art print by Camilla Lundsten, AU$36 from Hello Polly.
7. Nathalie Lete Friends magnet set, £22 from Niddle Noddle.
8. Coq en Pate giraffe shoulder bag, AU$33.95 from My Messy Room.
9. Rock Your Baby ‘Masked Crusader’ blue t-shirt with detachable cape, AU$35 from My Messy Room.
10. Flensted Elephant Party mobile, AU$30 from Great Dane Furniture.
11. Maze the ark ducky hook, AU$31 from Funkis.
12. Nathalie Lete Sailor Tin bucket by Nathalie Lete, £8 from Niddle Noddle.
13. Kids Company Dodgy Panda knitted hooded scarf, £45 from Liberty.
14. Plastic Clonette Doll with Rabbit in dark blue, AU$10 from Lark.
15. Theatre “ESPAÑOL” (to assemble), EUR22 from Teatritos.
16. Rock Your Baby ‘Eat My Dust’ board shorts, AU$39.95 from My Messy Room.
17. OMM Design Tiger Plate, AU$12.95 from My Messy Room.
18. Bear jacquard knit green jumper by Tootsa MacGinty, £31 from Burp Boutique.
19. Djeco magician pencil trick book, £13 from Liberty.
20. Blink Design colours wall art , AU$60 from My Messy Room.
21. The Game of Sculpture, £7.95 from Culture Label.
22. Kiko ashiato cat print toy beach sandals, EUR17.60 from The Space Penguin.
23. Harry Potter Marauder’s Map, £36.95 from Harrods.
24. A Menotti and Y Labat’s How Many Jellybeans?, AU$24.95 from My Messy Room.
25. Lion face cushion, AU$29.95 from Lark.
26. Kiko gatcha gatcha dispenser, EUR39 from The Space Penguin.
27. Best Bead Kit In The World, £11.60 from Cox and Cox.
28. Animal crayons, £5.20 from Cox and Cox.
29. Vintage caravan, AU$29.95 from Lark.
30. Milk n Soda Sailboat Bow Tie in Sky, AU$19.95 from My Messy Room.
31. Harry Potter Hermione’s Time Turner, £51.95 from Harrods.
32. Chalkboard Cowboy, £29.50 from Daisy Mooo.
33. Blafre Giraffe Steel Drink Bottle, AU$24.95 from My Messy Room.
Want more lovely present inspiration? Click here for all my Christmas 2012 Gift Guides.
Prefer to buy all handmade? Click here for my Etsy 2012 Christmas Gift Guides.
And don’t miss my Top 20 Christmas Crackers and my Top 20 Christmas Stockings!
So much choice, so little time! I’m not quite sure how it happened but suddenly the countdown is on for Christmas and everyone is madly ticking off their to-do lists. If you’re looking for some festive new stockings, look no further. I’ve scoured the best online designers and retailers for the most beautiful Christmas stockings, and edited it down to my Top 20.
Here they are:
1. Fox Christmas Stocking in yellow by Allenbrite Studio’s Etsy shop, US$25.
2. Freckle Christmas stocking by Little Lamb in red, AU$49 from Lark.
3. Scandi Christmas Stocking by birdyhome, US$22.59 from Not on the High Street.
4. Embroidered linen mix Christmas stocking , AU$69.95 from David Jones.
5. Cath Kidston Christmas deer stocking, £14 from John Lewis.
6. Ball cuff stocking, AU$75 from Papier D’Amour.
7. Petal Christmas stocking by Little Lamb in Turquoise, AU$49 from Lark.
8. Red ticking personalised stocking, AU$60 from Papier D’Amour.
9. Freckle Christmas stocking by Little Lamb in grey, AU$49 from Lark.
10. Marimekko Raanu Christmas Stocking, AU$59 from Funkis.
11. Gisela Graham red Santa Christmas stocking, £10.95 from Liberty.
12. Cody Foster woven striped Christmas stocking, £59.95 from Selfridges.
13. Gisela Graham Gingerbread Man stocking, £10.95 from Liberty.
14. Circus-inspired Christmas stocking by Rocket and Bear, $19.63 from Not on the High Street.
15. Red wool star stocking, £59.95 from Liberty.
16. Karl Lagerfeld Christmas stocking, £200 from Selfridges.
17. Gisela Graham red satin embroidered stocking, £14.95 from Liberty.
18. Personalised Christmas stocking by Charlotte Cot Blankets, $64.64 from Not on the High Street.
19. Gisela Graham snowman and snowflake stocking, £10.95 from Liberty.
20. Retro Rudolph Christmas stocking in peacock blue, US$25 from Allenbrite Studio’s Etsy shop.
Click here for more nice Christmas stockings.
And click here for my edit of the 20 Best Crackers for 2012.
As you may already suspect, we rather like having tea parties at our place. Here’s Harry showing his teddy how it’s done. I loved playing with my tea set when I was little, so there was no way that Harry was going to miss out. I picked up this little wooden set from Aldi, and it came complete with miniature wooden tea bags, wooden donuts and sliceable wooden tea cake. Swish!
I rounded up the top 12 tea sets for kids over on Kidspot. Here are some of my favourites:
Clockwise from top: Children’s retro rose floral tea set, $41.91 from Not on the High Street; Schylling traditional tin tea set, $24.95 from Peanut Gallery; Bear tin tea set, $57 from Down That Little Lane; Belle & Boo Dollies tea set, $59.95 from Lark; and Nathalie Lete Vilac tea set US$50 from Opening Ceremony.
Read the full round-up over on Kidspot here.
* Thanks to Eeni Meeni Miini Moh for gifting Harry this very smart shirt and shorts, and to Scruffy Dog for gifting him these adorable red sandals. Loving these two Aussie fashion labels for kids.
Boring old beige begone: brights are back. And they’re easier than ever to work into your wardrobe or home, no matter how safe and neutral they may be. Here are my favourite bits and pieces for clothes, accessories, furniture and home decor, starting at $10.
Clockwise from top left:
Stripe tank dress, AU$129 from Country Road.
IKEA PS 2012 blue stool, AU$49.99 from IKEA.
IKEA PS 2012 green easy chair, AU$199 from IKEA.
Colour-pop metal bed in yellow, AU$620 from Lark.
Emerald bella wallet, AU$34.95 from Sussan.
Jonathan Adler giant erasers, £12 from Heal’s.
Pink marcie bag, AU$59.95 from Sussan.
Citrus floral necklace, AU$29.95 from Sussan.
Linen peg leg pant, AU$69.95 from Sussan.
IKEA PS 2012 cushion cover, AU$10 from IKEA.
Weekender occasional chair in yellow, AU$229 from Freedom.
Flamingo all over cushion, AU$29.95 from Freedom.