So what do I want for Christmas? What would be my ultimate dream wishlist? Here are a few of my favourite things right now.
I don’t really need anymore STUFF, but I’d love some really, really special things, like a beautiful vase, a fabulous new fuschia lippie, the ultimate take-anywhere black clutch bag, a classic Liberty silk scarf, a statement necklace, some lovely new shower gel and some good holiday books. Add to that tickets to the Australian ballet and a creative workshop and I’m in heaven. A girl’s gotta dream, right?
1. Dinosaur Designs pink and red spot glass vase, AUD$297 from Dinosaur Designs.
2. Lola Bensky by Lily Brett, AU$23.95 from Booktopia.
3. Everything Changes But You by Maggie Alderson, AU$25.45 from Booktopia.
4. Season tickets to the Australian Ballet, from The Australian Ballet.
5. Lucy Choi London exclusive black glitter Oslo pointed flat shoes, AU$210 from My Wardrobe.
6. Korres fig shower gel, AU$22.95, from Kit Cosmetics.
7. Liberty navy Tree of Life print silk scarf, £135 from Liberty.
8. Jennifer Loiselle mini Clemence woven necklace in pink and orange, £65 from Jennifer Loiselle’s Etsy shop.
9. Karen Walker Anytime black with yellow sunglasses, NZ$349 from Karen Walker.
10. Mulberry Clemmie oversized glossie goat leather clutch, £550 from Selfridges.
11. Tom Ford private blend lipstick in Flamingo, AU$48.60 from Nordstrom.
12. Megan Morton’s Science of Styling Class, AU$450 at The School.
Want more lovely present inspiration? Click here for all my Christmas 2012 Gift Guides.
Prefer handmade? Click here for my Etsy 2012 Christmas Gift Guides.
Over to you. What’s on your ultimate dream wishlist?
According to Instagram, my week looked like this:
- I went to the beach – again! That makes it two weekends in a row. Must be a record for me.
- I attended my first ever Kids Business Bloggers Brunch – and found some quick and easy Christmas crafts from Spotlight. (Quick and easy being key words for me.) I’m on my way to Spotlight this afternoon!
- I also met the girls from Brown Sugar at the Bloggers Brunch, who gifted me a beautiful coral striped scarf, which went fabulously with my coral Dinosaur Designs bangle and Tom Ford lipstick in Wild Ginger.
- I’m still loving Sydney’s magnificent show of jacarandas this year. Front lawns and footpaths everywhere are awash with jacaranda confetti. And the sight of backlit jacarandas in the warm glow of the late afternoon sun is one of my favourite Sydney sights. It means summer is just around the corner.
- I went to an excellent Blog Photography Workshop to brush up on my DSLR skills. Hosted by the fabulous Little Paper Trees (check out her blog now) and led by lifestyle photographer Emma Scamell, we covered an incredible amount of skills in just one wee day. The workshop was held in the studios of one of my favourite Sydney shops, Little Paper Lane, so it was a day filled with lots of laughs, creativity and neon. It’s a very neon Christmas this year at Little Paper Lane – check out the riot of colour in their window displays!
- If you’re in Sydney and you need some Christmas present inspiration, make the trip to Little Paper Lane in Mona Vale. Or check out their superb online shop. I dare you to resist pulling out your credit card! I shopped up a storm, and stocked up on Washi tapes, ribbons, an awesome extra-large alphabetical stamp set and neon gift cards. So lovely.
- I also met a very cute duckling (it had just hatched in my friend’s home incubator!)
- I found the sweetest-smelling baby pineapples from the organic grocer in Avalon.
- I stopped by The Boatshed in Palm Beach for some ice-cream. They always have the most magnificent displays of fresh fruit and flowers.
- I took out 10 minutes to watch the Melbourne Cup, and decided to make a last-minute bet. Should have stayed at home.
- I took delivery of a very sweet box filled with Chupa-Chups, and the latest candy-inspired collection of lip gloss, nail polish and eye-shadows from L’Oreal Paris.
- I met the guys from Rust-oleum at the Bloggers Brunch and discovered a brand new world of magic paint and spray paints. I’ve got to get a can of their white matte spraypaint which gives your average jam jar a beautiful white ceramic-like finish. Genius.
Phew, what a week. Did I mention that I also launched a brand new craft tutorials website, Crafttuts+? More on that very soon!
Tell me, what did you get up to? You can follow me on Instagram here. I’d love to see your Instagram pics, too!
p.s. I made 2000 ‘likes’ on Facebook! Hooray! Thanks everyone for following me. X
Need a good present for your favourite fashionista? I’ve pulled together all the best designer gifts, starting at £15 for a Lacroix. It’s true! Read on…
1. Balenciaga and Spain by Hamish Bowles, £28 from Wee Birdy’s UK Amazon shop and $40.95 from Wee Birdy’s US Amazon shop.
Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty (Metropolitan Museum of Art), by Andrew Bolton, UK£21 from Wee Birdy’s UK Amazon shop and US$27 from Wee Birdy’s US Amazon shop.
Christian Louboutin by Christian Louboutin, US$94.50, from Wee Birdy’s US Amazon shop.
2. Maison Martin Margiela by L’ATELIER d’exercices tabi leather bookmark, £29.17 from Net-a-porter.
3. Yves Saint Laurent arty gold-plated glass ring, £125 from Net-a-porter.
4. Tom Ford Santal Blush eau de parfum 250ml, £270 from Selfridges. (There is also a 50ml bottle for £120.)
5. See by Chloé captain parrot keyfob, £54.17 from Net-a-porter.
6. Marc by Marc Jacobs jungle animal-print automatic umbrella, £33.33 from Net-a-porter.
7. Comme des Garçons embossed leather coin purse, £50 from Net-a-porter.
8. Christian Lacroix ‘Oro Y Plata’ Correspondence Cards (x12), £15 from the V&A shop.
9. Marni stretch silk-satin soft-cup bra, £125 and stretch silk-satin shorts, £100 from Net-a-porter.
10. Alexander McQueen enamel skull keyfob, £54.17 from Net-a-porter.
11. Jonathan Saunders for Smythson two-tone leather Panama diary, £137.50 from Net-a-porter.
12. Small shifting planes resin bangle, AU$75 from Dinosaur Designs.
13. Marc by Marc Jacobs brass mouse ring, £54.17 from Net-a-porter.
I’ve also added some beautiful new fashion books to my Amazon shops. I’m rather proud of this collection – I want them all! They make gorgeous presents for any follower of fashion. Click here to go to my UK Amazon shop and here to my US Amazon shop.